Jan 19, 2014

HERE KITTY KITTY...


Kittens kittens everywhere
Kittens chewing on my hair
Kittens climbing up my jeans
Kittens hanging from the screens
There's a kitten on each shoulder
Will they do this when they're older?

Kittens fighting on the chairs
Kittens tumbling down the stairs
There's a kitten on my head
There's a kitten in the bread!
There's a kitten in my shoe
I don't believe we just have two!

~Anon


We say "Cat" and "Kitty".


The French say "Chat" and "Minou". 


The Fins just say "Kissa".



The Germans, "Katze" and "Kater".


While the Russians say "Koshka" and "Kotyonok".


Mainly, the cats just say "Meow".


Like the Chinese, who call, saying 
"Miu" or "Mau".


I just say "Ow!" when they purr 
and un-sheath their sharp claws.


 The Irish have a proverb:
"Don't trust anyone who doesn't like cats."


Others say just the opposite is true.
But I ask you, who amongst us 
can resist something like this:

the animal rescue site

Photos courtesy of themurmuringcottage
except where noted

No comments: